Aliases for AGPAT5 Gene
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 5 2 3 4 5
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 5 (Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase, Epsilon) 2 3
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase Epsilon 3 4
- 1-AGP Acyltransferase 5 3 4
- 1-AGPAT 5 3 4
- 1-Acyl-Sn-Glycerol-3-Phosphate Acyltransferase Epsilon 3
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase, Epsilon 2
External Ids for AGPAT5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for AGPAT5 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase family. This integral membrane protein converts lysophosphatidic acid to phosphatidic acid, the second step in de novo phospholipid biosynthesis. A pseudogene of this gene is present on the Y chromosome. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2014]
GeneCards Summary for AGPAT5 Gene
AGPAT5 (1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are triacylglycerol biosynthesis and Phospholipase D signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring acyl groups and 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is AGPAT3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AGPAT5 Gene
Converts lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) into phosphatidic acid by incorporating an acyl moiety at the sn-2 position of the glycerol backbone. Acts on LPA containing saturated or unsaturated fatty acids C15:0-C20:4 at the sn-1 position using C18:1-CoA as the acyl donor. Also acts on lysophosphatidylethanolamine using oleoyl-CoA, but not arachidonoyl-CoA, and lysophosphatidylinositol using arachidonoyl-CoA, but not oleoyl-CoA. Activity toward lysophosphatidylglycerol not detectable.