Aliases for ADGRE1 Gene
- Adhesion G Protein-Coupled Receptor E1 2 3 5
- Egf-Like Module Containing, Mucin-Like, Hormone Receptor-Like Sequence 1 2 3
- Egf-Like Module Containing, Mucin-Like, Hormone Receptor-Like 1 2 3
- EGF-Like Module-Containing Mucin-Like Hormone Receptor-Like 1 3 4
- EGF-Like Module Receptor 1 3 4
- EMR1 Hormone Receptor 3 4
- TM7LN3 3 4
- EMR1 3 4
External Ids for ADGRE1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ADGRE1 Gene
This gene encodes a protein that has a domain resembling seven transmembrane G protein-coupled hormone receptors (7TM receptors) at its C-terminus. The N-terminus of the encoded protein has six EGF-like modules, separated from the transmembrane segments by a serine/threonine-rich domain, a feature reminiscent of mucin-like, single-span, integral membrane glycoproteins with adhesive properties. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012]
GeneCards Summary for ADGRE1 Gene
ADGRE1 (Adhesion G Protein-Coupled Receptor E1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Peptide ligand-binding receptors. GO annotations related to this gene include G-protein coupled receptor activity and transmembrane signaling receptor activity. An important paralog of this gene is ADGRE2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ADGRE1 Gene
Orphan receptor involved in cell adhesion and probably in cell-cell interactions specifically involving cells of the immune system. May play a role in regulatory T-cells (Treg) development.